Tales of Zestiria
|Tales of Zestiria|
|Platform|| Playstation 3|
|Developer||Namco Tales Studios|
|Publisher||Bandai Namco Studios|
|Character Designs|| Mutsumi Inomata|
|Composers|| Motoi Sakuraba|
|Release Date|| Playstation 3|
JP 22 January 2015
|Previous||Tales of Xillia 2|
|Preceeding||Tales of Berseria|
The game differs from its predecessor, Tales of Xillia 2 in that it returns to the fundamental fantasy roots of earlier games. Set in the world of Glenwood where two opposing forces; the Kingdom of Hyland and the Empire of Rolance fight for supremacy and control. Despite the diversity and number of religions prevalent in the world of Glenwood, they all share the common belief of the "Seraphim", a group of people who are only believed to exist and never encountered by the population. The belief stems from people who posses the power to talk to the Seraphim, called Shepherds, who are able to borrow the Seraphim's power.
Deep within the woods surrounding Mount Mabinogio lies Elysia, a village populated by Seraphim and sheltered from the rest of the world. It is isolated from the evil forces - the malevolence - that afflicts the humans below the mountain. The plot follows a young man called Sorey, a man forbidden to leave the sanctity of the forest, and Alisha, a Princess-to-be-Knight. They are also accompanied by one of the Seraphim, a boy named Mikleo.
 Battle SystemSorey to fuse with other members of the party and combine their powers and abilities. Doing so also alters Sorey's appearance.
This game also introduces seamless, in-field battles. This means there will be no load screen between field and battle initiation.
- Sorey - The protagonist in Tales of Zestiria.
- Alisha - The daughter of the King of Hyland and a low born woman. Her influence in the kingdom is ever decreasing. Treated horribly by the rest of the royal family due to her low birth, despite being a legitimate successor for the throne, she wishes to become a Knight.
- Mikleo - A Seraph and as such invisible to most people. He is the childhood friend of Sorey, and sees him also as his rival. Alisha is the first human other than Sorey that is granted the ability to see him.
- Edna - An Earth Seraph that lives on the Sacred Mountain, and has a distrustful nature toward Humans. She behaves apathetically towards others, but becomes emotional whenever her brother, her only living relative, is brought up.
- Lailah - A Fire Seraph who has been waiting in the Shepherd's legendary for someone to make a new contract with it. Sorey is granted a contract with Lailah and the two embark on a journey for Sorey to become a full fledged Shepherd.
- Dezel - A Wind Seraph on a quest to hunt down the person responsible for the death of his friend. Although not having succumbed to the evil of the plague, he is driven by his hatred for the person he hunts. He is taciturn toward other members of the party, often hiding his true feelings.
- Zaveid - A wind Seraph who has been described as elusive in both word and actions. He is well known for hitting on women and making wise cracks. Despite his outwardly jovial demeanor he can turn deadly when he has to get serious and maintains his composure and defense in dire situations.
- Sergei Strelka - The head of a band of knights associated with the Empire of Rolance. A fiery man, he’s earned deep respect from his troops for his loyalty to the empire and dedication to the common people. With combat capabilities that exceed those of a normal person, he can even respond to attacks he can’t see from Seraphim.
- Maltran - A military advistor to the Hyland Kingdom army and mentor to Alisha.
- Bartlow - The overseer both the bureaucracy and cabinet ministers of the Hyland Kingdom. Because the kingdom’s real political power now lies within its bureaucracy, with royalty and aristocrats becoming increasingly figurative, Bartlow is the essence of its leadership. He is cautious of Sorey and his friends.
This will contain full spoilers for all obtainable achievements for Tales of Zestiria. For the full article please see Achievements (Zestiria).
 TV Special
- Main Article: Tales of Zestiria: Dawn of the Doshi
Tales of Zestiria: Dawn of the Doshi is an animated television special, produced by Ufotable that will air before the release of Tales of Zestiria in 2015.
Related ThreadsTales of Zestiria official site is up and running - last post by @ Jan 24, 2014
Tales of Zestiria Trophy Guide (Spoiler Alert) - last post by @ Oct 20, 2015
New Tales game (Tales of Zestiria) - last post by @ Dec 14, 2013
New Tales of Zestiria Character Revealed - Miclio - last post by @ Feb 13, 2014
My Zestiria Video Review - last post by @ Nov 26, 2015