Tales of Zestiria the X
Tales of Zesteria the X is an anime adaptation of the Tales of series, with a focus placed on Tales of Zestiria and Tales of Berseria. It was announced alongside Tales of Berseria during the Tales of Festival 2015 on June 6. Tales of Zestiria the X features an original and alternate story that intertwines characters from Tales of Zestiria and Tales of Berseria.
Sorey is a human youth who grew up among the “seraphim” (tenzoku), spiritual beings not visible to humans. Sorey believes in the folklore that says “long ago, every human was able to see the seraphim” and dreams of unraveling the ancient mystery to make the world a place where people and seraphim can live together in peace.
One day, Sorey visits the human capital for the very first time. He becomes embroiled in an incident during which he pulls out a holy sword imbedded in a rock and ends up becoming a “Shepherd,” one who casts away calamity from the world. He begins to realize the gravity of his mission, and his dream of coexistence between mankind and the seraphim becomes more intense—
And thus, the Shepherd embarks on an amazing journey with his companions.
 #00 Age of Chaos
For the past few years in the Kingdom of Hyland situated in the northeast region of the Glenwood continent, unusual weather has increasingly damaged crops, and even affected the health of the people. Alisha, a royal princess, hears of an ominous mist that has been discovered in Guriel and sends Clem to investigate. When there is no word from Clem, Alisha begins to worry and sets out for Guriel with her attendants. They find the town still shrouded by the eerie mist...
- Sorey (voiced by Ryouhei Kimura) - A human youth raised by the seraphim who dwell in Elysia, a village isolated from the outside world. He possesses very high resonance and is able to perceive seraphim. When he was a child, he came upon the Celestial Record which chronicles tales of the Shepherd and the ancient ruins. Since then, he has been fascinated by antiquity. He is well-versed in the stories and history of the continent and is able to read the ancient language. Pure and gentle-hearted, he cannot bear to ignore someone in need.
- Mikleo (voiced by Ryota Osaka) - A young seraph who was raised with Sorey since infancy. They are like brothers, and are best friends. But he also thinks of Sorey as a rival, so they get into arguments every so often. He believes his role is to calmly assess Sorey’s behavior and offers frank advice. Due to Sorey’s influence, he is also interested in the ancient ruins. He utilizes water-based seraphic artes.
- Alisha Diphda (voiced by Ai Kayano) - A princess of the Kingdom of Hyland whose domain spans across the northeast region of the Glenwood continent. She ranks very low in the line of succession. Despite her low status in the monarchy due to her mother’s low birth, she speaks out against the corruption of power, and so, is out of favor with the ministers. She is a person of faith who believes that her duty in this age of unrest is to give hope, and show leadership and strength. She regards herself not as a princess, but as a knight who serves the country. She speaks very formally, but her true character seems to be quite cheerful and feminine.
- Rose (voiced by Mikako Komatsu) - A leading member of the trade guild “Sparrowfeathers” that travels around the continent. Having traveled far and wide doing trade, she is a dual wielder and is perfectly capable of protecting herself with her daggers. She is carefree and optimistic, and goes at her own pace. She is very sociable, but has strong convictions and stands by them.
- Lailah (voiced by Noriko Shitaya) - A female seraph who dwells in the Sacred Blade of which legend says “the one who extracts it will become a Shepherd.” She has been waiting a long time for one who possesses the qualities of a Shepherd. Although she is a calm and mature woman, she can be a bit of an airhead. She possesses great knowledge about hellions, humans and creatures spawned by malevolence. She utilizes fire-based seraphic artes.
- Edna (voiced by Misato Fukuen) - A young seraph who utilizes earth-based seraphic artes. Distrustful of others, she often displays a cold, grown-up attitude, and it is hard to read her true feelings. She is sharp-tongued and likes to confuse people and put them at her mercy. She is extremely calm, and becomes emotional only about her older brother who is her only family. Her mascot, a mysterious “Normin,” hangs from her favorite umbrella.
- Dezel (voiced by Daisuke Ono) - With a persona like an outlaw, he utilizes seraphic artes of the wind. He gained experience in battle from spending time with a mercenary group, and toys with his foes, using two pendulums like whips. He rarely shows emotion and prefers to be a loner who avoids communicating with others.
- Zaveid (voiced by Kenjiro Tsuda) - A seraph who utilizes wind-based seraphic artes and hunts hellions all alone. He tends to be frivolous and loose-lipped, but when the time comes, he displays unyielding skill and deportment. His true identity and purpose are not known, but he has an uncanny sense for battle and seems to relish a good fight with a formidable foe.
- Due to the passing of Miyu Matsuki, the voice actress for Lailah, Noriko Shitaya was selected to voice her in the anime adaptation.
 External Links
Related ThreadsTales of Zestiria official site is up and running - last post by @ Jan 24, 2014
Tales of Zestiria Trophy Guide (Spoiler Alert) - last post by @ Oct 20, 2015
New Tales game (Tales of Zestiria) - last post by @ Dec 14, 2013
New Tales of Zestiria Character Revealed - Miclio - last post by @ Feb 13, 2014
My Zestiria Video Review - last post by @ Nov 26, 2015