Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology
Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology is a spin-off role playing game of the Tales series and is the first one in the spin-off series to be released outside of Japan. Like the other spin-offs, Radiant Mythology is a crossover title featuring characters from other games in series which are playable and interact with eachother. The game uses the Flex Range Linear Motion Battle System found in Tales of the Abyss. Unlike other games in the spin off series, you can create your own character to be the protagonist. In order to progress through the game the player must do missions in a variety of dungeons including killing certain enemies, fetching items, etc.
Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology seems to have occurred before the stories of some of the Tales Characters in the game ever occurred. Some of the characters have finished their journies before this, but it is not actually mentioned. For example, a skit occurs with Kratos acting fatherly to Lloyd, and Raine tells him that he is acting very fatherly. Mormo later agrees, and asks your character. Regardless of what you say, Kratos will sigh and leave.
Later, Chester Barklight tells you that you are becoming a good Swordsman (only available if you picked the Swordsman class), but you will probably never match up to his friend, a legendary swordsman. Arche also tells you that Chester has lost his sister, and is now looking after Kanonno, trying to find a way to replace Amy.
After you create your character, than you start the game with a small animal named Mormo talking to you. It will tell you about Yaoon, it's world, and how you were just born from Terresia's World Tree. You then find a scream. After a battle, you meet a young girl named Kanonno. She has lost her memory. Afterwards, you meet Chester, and he tells you to go to Ailily's Ad Libitum. When you arrive, you meet Ganser, the leader of the town, and you learn about The Devourer.
Playable characters from past games include:
Non-Playable Characters includes:
- Warrior: Can only use melee attacks and equip swords and axes.
- Mage: Use a variety of magic weapons and elemental spells.
- Thief: Very quick and stealthy with the ability to steal from their enemies.
- Priest: Have the ability to use supporting and healing spells as well as offensive light spells.
- Fighter: Rely on only their arms and legs to deal powerful damage.
- Swordsman: Excels in using a sword. Similar to most main protagonists of previous Tales games.
- Magic Knight: A knight with a variety of melee and magic artes at their disposal.
- Bishop: An upgrade to Priest with healing spells that won't let the enemy lay a scratch on your party.
- Ninja: A more powerful, quick, and stealthy thief.
- Hunter: Supports the party from the rear with their powerful bow and arrow and excellent marksmanship.
Related ThreadsTales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2 - last post by @ Jul 15, 2008
Tales of the world radiant mythology 2...?? - last post by @ Apr 29, 2012
Tales of The World Radiant Mythology 2 Japan-English Release Date - last post @ Feb 27, 2009
Radiant Mythologys 1st GD!! - last post by @ Mar 29, 2009
Radiant Mythology Favorites - last post by @ Jun 23, 2008